If there’s only one drink recipe you have in your tool belt, make sure it’s this one. And to really impress your buddies, our Paleo Smoked Bourbon Maple Old Fashioned won’t disappoint.
The Old Fashioned might be the most classic and iconic drink in American cocktail history. In fact, the Old Fashioned is approximately 200 years old, but still relevant today. If there’s only one drink recipe you have in your tool belt, make sure it’s this one. And to really impress your buddies, our Paleo Smoked Bourbon Maple Old Fashioned won’t disappoint.
Drinks such as the Old Fashioned and Cider and Bourbon are popular around the holidays and during the winter for the smooth, spicy tastes combined with a little sweet.
We’ve created our version of the Old Fashioned with Caveman Chefs twist:
Paleo Smoked Bourbon Maple Old Fashioned
- Rocks Glass
- Small Chef's Torch
- 2 oz Bulleit bourbon
- ½ tsp Maple syrup
- 5 tbs drops walnut bitters
- ½ inch wide orange peel
- ½ cinnamon stick
- scoop crushed ice
- Large ice cube
- Place orange peel and cinnamon stick on a cookie sheet or another flameproof surface
- Lightly scorch the orange peel and cinnamon until gently smoking
- Place rocks glass over the smoking aromatics and proceed to step 4
- Put the scoop of crushed ice in shaker and add the first 3 ingredients. Stir or shake depending on preference
- Turn the rocks glass over add large ice cube and orange peel
- Strain mixture into glass
Photo credit: Rebecca Ann