Honey Sesame Salmon (Paleo Diet Recipe)
Delicious, easy Paleo recipe with Salmon. Serve with fresh chopped chives or green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.
Servings: 4 Cavemen
- 2-3 Lbs Salmon Filets
- 1/4 Cup Coconut aminos
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1" Inch Knob of Fresh Ginger finely minced, OR 1 tsp. dried ginger powder
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic OR ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Coconut oil (for searing)
- Toasted sesame oil for drizzling before serving
- 1/4 cup Diced green onions or Chives (for serving)
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds for serving
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together until smooth.Place the salmon fillets in a Ziploc bag or a large glass dish (I use my large Pyrex casserole dish, which has a lid).Pour the marinade over the salmon and let sit in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight.When you're ready to cook the salmon, heat a skillet, frying pan, or cast iron pan (I use cast iron) over medium heat. Add a tablespoon or two of coconut oil.Place the salmon in the pan, skin side down. The salmon should sizzle when it hits the pan and this will sear the skin.Cook skin side down for 2-3 minutes and then flip the salmon.Pour the remaining marinade in the pan, lower the heat to medium-low, and cook the salmon for 3-5 minutes, or until done.Salmon will be done when it flakes with a fork.Serve with fresh chopped chives or green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.NOTE: Cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness of your salmon fillet.
Please follow and like us: