Kickstart Spring with this paleo-friendly protein packed green smoothie!
This healthy, energy-boosting Paleo-friendly Green Smoothie is packed with protein, vitamins and naturally sweetened with fresh fruits.
Can you have smoothies on a Paleo diet?
To make a Paleo smoothie, you can use many of the same ingredients you would find in other smoothies, with the omission of dairy, yogurt, legumes, and grains. The same goes for yogurt-based smoothies. If you are on the Paleo diet, you’ll want to substitute Greek yogurt with coconut yogurt instead. Dairy substitutions can include almond milk, coconut milk and soy milk vs. dairy milk.
This Paleo-friendly smoothie recipe is packed full of delicious, healthy ingredients and naturally sweetened with fruit sugars from banana and strawberry.
Are Bananas Paleo?
Bananas are a whole, unprocessed food and a great source of potassium. The main points to remember when eating paleo is that you want your diet to contain unprocessed, whole foods. So, fruits and vegetables should make up a bulk of your diet. Frozen vegetables without added sauce, are also allowed on a paleo diet.
Protein-Rich Paleo Green Smoothie Recipe
This recipe is perfect for spring days ahead and for quick, on the go mornings when you need a boost of energy. Kickstart Spring with this paleo-friendly protein-packed green smoothie!
Protein-Packed Paleo Green Smoothie
vitamins and naturally sweetened with fresh fruits.
- ½ to 1 cup dairy-free milk almond, soy, etc.
- 2 cups kale
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium banana fresh or frozen
- 6 pieces of strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds or flax seeds optional
- 1-2 scoops collagen protein or your favorite plant-based protein powder
- 1 to 1 ¼ cups ice
- Place ingredients in a blender in the order listed in the recipe. Blend 1 minute on High or until creamy smooth. Add more almond milk or ice cubes for a thinner smoothie.